Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dark of the Moon

I am not at home with my altars and such, this week, and so I will be celebrating both Hecate's day and Noumenia here in NH, by myself. Today, we are making a trek out to land we hope to purchase, and to look at other land as well. In honor of my Lady, I offer this poetry.

Bright Lady, Dark Lady

Bright coiffed, Homer named you
Yet darkness became your due
Depicted oft in maiden's robes
With hair of blonder hue

Child of Persais
Asteria your dame
From these great Titanes
You grew in lawless fame

Goddess strong and bold you were
Of field and bloody birth
Now the Queen of Curses
Your realm in cthonic earth

Medea once your servant was
And now, no less, am I
Though you demand no bowed head
Your power I cannot deny

Thou art my joy, Hekate bright
Your hair as blonde as sun
Your darkness, too, claims me strong
My devotion never done.

(c) Allyson Szabo, July 2nd 2008
Post a Comment