Thursday, July 17, 2008

The NA ritual of the week

I am finding I really enjoy and look forward to the formality of the Wednesday evening ritual. Having gone from the "bells and whistles" of Wicca, to the stark offerings (in comparison, at least) of Hellenic Polytheism, it's a nice middle ground. Tonight, I invited Farnham to join me, which was lovely. The two of us really enjoyed the time together and priest and priestess.

Farnham's friend's dad died today, and he has a funeral to go to tomorrow, so we also said some prayers for the dearly departed. That went well - the prayer which I had chosen for tonight is a Jewish one, and the father was Jewish, so it felt right. I said some prayers for various people, including myself and the kids, and asked for the continuing health of our "bun in the oven."

With all the candles going, it got quite warm, but not too bad. I left the fans running out of sheer desperation, though normally I try to make sure all electronics are off during ritual. I don't feel it's properly respectful to leave the light on, or the computer beeping at me, when I'm supposed to be concentrating on the gods.

I feel better tonight than I have all week. The ritual really energized me, emotionally. That's a good thing, because I've been very distant, emotionally, the past week. What with the move and all, I've been so exhausted that I haven't been dealing with anything very well.

I think I will work on a ritual that includes incubation, to do in the near future. I think some dedicated healing and such are necessary.
Post a Comment