Monday, September 15, 2008

Shrines and Temples

I know that my plans are "grand" but I want to erect some really amazing (if small) shrines and two small temples on our property. I am hugely excited about this!

We will have a grape arbor that is also a temple to Dionysos. We decided this ages ago, and isn't a problem. I also plan on having a temple to Hecate, somewhere quiet and dark. I don't yet know what form it will take. I admit, I would really like to have a small cave or indent in the mountainside as the temple! We'll have to see what I can find.

I also plan on a small shrine to the nymphae on our property, likely at our spring head (if I can find it). Somewhere along the stream that comes down the mountain, I will be putting a small shrine to Artemis, which I am going to have the girls help me tend. It seems only fitting. :) 

There will also be an underworld shrine for Hades and Persephone, because it is where we want to comemorate our dead. We may even go  far as to put up something that could house small urns of ashes, for when we die, although we're not sure about it. We'll find out.

I'm not sure what else I would like to do. I have grand plans, though the above ones are small enough to at least be sure of being done. This is so exciting!
Post a Comment