Friday, October 10, 2008

Horrorscopes

There's something to be said for horoscopes. I read mine every day, though I don't stress over it. I'm always surprised at how accurate it usually is, consdiering it applies to some hundreds, maybe thousands of people born at about the same time as me. Today's was one of those uncannily accurate ones:

You have begun to make the changes you once dreamed about, but you may have serious doubts now that you are actually moving toward them. This uncertainty is natural and will settle down over the days ahead. In the meantime, think about what you want instead of focusing on what you don't want. The power of positive thinking is surely stronger than just saying no.

Geez louise that one just hit me smack between the eyes. LOL...

So here I am, in the midst of simplifying my life, moving to the country from the suburbs, learning to cook on a woodstove, learning to heat a house with a woodstove (!), and beginning to plan what will happen with the 15 cleared acres we have... I've been plagued with doubts about myself, and about our ability as a group to do this. Of course, those fears are empty - we ARE doing it, and frankly, we're doing it so well that we've had only a couple of minor emotional spats in the past six months of extreme stress. I still worry, though.

I need to keep my focus on the fact that, in one week and 2 days, I will be moving into our new home. Not a house... that's just a building. A home is where your heart is, and where Hestia is present in the hearth. One of the great things for me is the fact that we have both a gas stove and a wood stove in the kitchen. This means we have a never-ending flame in our home at all times, such a wonderful thing to remind me of Hestia. I hope to put a tiny altar to her, somewhere near the wood stove.
Post a Comment