Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October Goodness

It's October, and Halloween is on the way. We'll be moving into our new home soon, and one of the first things I want to do is decorate it for the season. We have skeletons for the windows, and flashy lights for the front porch, creepy crawlies for the back porch, and cob webs and such for all over (though I admit, I'm cleaning the real ones away as soon as I can).  

One of the things I found out recently was that our property hosts a small graveyard. I'm very excited about it. I made a vow to Hecate that once we were settled in a new home, I would find a local graveyard to tend, and here she's provided me with my very own graveyard to care for! I have to learn more about it, but apparently an older couple are buried there, and perhaps others. I intend to do some research on the names, once I find them. I know the general location, but need to find the actual spot. At least I n0w know where my altar and shrine to Hecate will go!

This fall, after the corn is out of our new fields, we'll be discussing where to put our orchard. It looks as if it will go in fairly near the graveyard, which actually feels rather nice. I suspect I'll be putting a small shrine to Persephone and Hades there, as I've always felt their shrines should be near fruit trees. I'm not sure why, but it's always just felt right, and being near the graveyard adds to the Underworld aspect as well. 

All we have to do is get the loan from the bank, and we'll be done. By Monday, we expect to be able to move into our home. Keep us in your prayers!
Post a Comment