Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Moon poetry

I have been keeping up on my "poem a day" writing, though I'm posting most of it in my other (locked to friends) blog. It isn't so much that it's particularliy personal or anything. It's just not that great. The idea is to spend only a few minutes to a half hour writing the poem, and not to edit at this point. Editing comes later. So I'm doing something painful to me - posting up poetry that isn't Finished. Heh... but I am getting better at getting the ideas out of the head and onto paper. I hope I learn to do better at editing, too.

Anyhow, the poem I wrote today was not too bad. I thought I'd share it here, since it has a bit of spiritual significance, sort of.

Naught But The Dark

She hangs, pregnant and white,
In the dark, milk-stained sky.
The marks of past abuse
Scar her surface so all can see.
Once a month her splendor shines
Like silvered beauty personified;
Yet it never lasts
And her whiteness ebbs,
Shrinking with time
Until nothing is left but the dark.

(c) Allyson Szabo, January 6th, 2009
Post a Comment