Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Upcoming Challenges

On September 12th, I will begin my seminary odessy. Wow, it is just coming up so incredibly quickly! Tomorrow and Friday I get the last of the recommendations and doctors' notes that I need, and my application with check will be sent off. I have the first two of my books (one is waiting for me at home), and thanks to half.com it didn't cost a thousand bucks.

The book which has me most intrigued is The Ten Challenges by Leonard Felder, Ph.D. Read the reviews on Amazon if you get a chance - high ratings and then comments like, "It is so intense I can only read a few pages at a time," and things like that. Oy.

In the front of the book, there is an Author's Note. It reads:

Some of the issues addressed in this book can stir up intense feelings and memories. Anyone who has a history of psyciatric disorder, feels empotionally unstable, is taking tranquilizers, or is on antianxiety or antidepressant medication should not do the exercises in this book without first consulting a qualified mental health professional.


Wow. Now that's intense. From what I can tell from talking to other students and others who have read the book, the author is quite sincere in his commentary there. I am prepared for the next ten months to be extremely challenging on an emotional/spiritual level.

I have a meeting with Rev. Alison on Friday, where we'll discuss my possible internship with my church. I would be incredibly thrilled to be allowed to intern there. I would get practical experience in a loving environment, and on top of that I'd be giving back to a spiritual home that has made me feel incredibly welcomed.

Alright, off to finish my Exegete application for Neokoroi...
Post a Comment