This agon will be a celebration of our founding, and we hope it will be a revitalizing thing. There are three categories of entry, since threes are always good groupings:
- fictional writing/poetry,
- non-fiction writing/ritual.
Focus on what Neokoroi has given to you, either in spirituality, in creativity, in whatever area of life this group has touched you. This is a very broad topic, because we would rather have far-flung but well-thought-out entries, than ones dashed off at the last minute.
Allyson Szabo will judge, and ideally she will have 2 other judges to help her. None of the judges may enter the contest. Allyson is donating the prizes.
The contest will be open to entries on March 23rd, 2010 and we will continue to solicit entries until April 23rd, 2010. Winners will be announced the morning of April 25th, 2010! Please forward this annoucement far and wide!
- First Prize will be winner's choice of the three prizes offered.
- Second Prize will be second choice of remaining two prizes.
- Third Prize gets the remaining prize.
The prizes will be:
- - a hand-made pocket altar built for the winner in honor of the god of their choice (sample image here or here)
- - a suitable-for-framing scrapbook style page in honor of the god of their choice (Allyson doesn't currently have a sample image of these)
- - a copy of Allyson's book, Longing For Wisdom - the Message of the Maxims.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to e-mail Allyson.