Saturday, November 13, 2010

A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough times

I love music. I listen to it a lot. I am not the type of person who really has a particular band, though. I love Gowan, and the Doors, ZZ Top and even Shania Twain. If I had to pick specific songs, though, I would say there are a couple. Bitch by Meredith Brooks most definitely, which helped me find myself in a very dark time when I left my ex-husband. Also, Savage Garden's Truly, Madly, Deeply, which was popular during the time leading up to meeting Gray. I Just Want You To Know Who I am by Goo Goo Dolls has a special meaning for me, too, but not something I can really talk about.

Mostly, though, the music I like is just... whatever is on. I like old music, stuff from the 50s, 60s, 70s... yes I like disco, I like 90s pop. I liked Madonna when she was still wearing her dad's shirts with oversized belts. The iconic music of the 80s and 90s spoke volumes to me. I just didn't have it out for any particular band.
Post a Comment