Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Catching up on the Meme

What is your opinion of religion?


I'm rather fond of religion as a whole. Sometimes I don't like specific people within a religion, but it's rare that I find an entire religion to be wrong or bad. I also like that we have so many religions available to us to learn from and grow within. I enjoy studying religion and have taken courses on Christianity (both modern and ancient), Judaism (moder and ancient mystic branch), Islam, Taoism, Confucianism, Wicca, and a few of the reconstructionist religions. I probably missed some... we studied a lot of different religions last year. Oh, Quakers! :) I find the similarities and differences to be fascinating and enlightening.

Your views on drugs and alcohol.



Well, first off, alcohol is a drug. I think that there are some drugs that are not harmful that have been regulated (pot, LSD, shrooms, etc) and some very harmful drugs that have not been regulated (alcohol, tobacco). I have a hard time with government regulation of drugs, I will admit. I adhere to those regulations because I've no wish to end up in jail or worse, but during my time in British Columbia (where pot was decriminalized and there were "pot bars" you could legally go to) I enjoyed a variety of types. I don't understand the idea of putting someone in jail for taking a drug. Certainly we need to deal with addictions as a society, but I'm pretty sure jail isn't helping it and criminalizing those who use drugs seems to me to be a pretty poor way of dealing with it. I do believe there are "bad drugs" that can mess with your body in nasty ways. Ecstasy, injectables, most snortables... But I don't necessarily think that jailing those who use them is sensible. I'm not sure what the answer is, but that ain't it.

(Scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you got into a fight a couple of hours before. what do you do?


I go and help out in whatever way I can. Fights happen; I'm passionate and so are most of my friends. Nothing would stop me from being at a friend's side during a time of trouble, though. 

Something you wish you hadn't done in your life


I wish I hadn't trusted my parents and left my daughter with them.

Something you wish you had done in your life


I wish I had finished high school and gone on to college. I had the potential but not the drive, and I really regret not having those experiences. I am working on fixing those things now, but it isn't the same... At 40 I just can't party the way I could have at 20. Then again, at 40 I can study MUCH more efficiently than I could at 20, so I guess it's a pay-off. LOL
Post a Comment