Monday, November 15, 2010

Two Today

A hero that has let you down


I don't have a lot of heroes. I think of Superman when I was younger, and maybe Wolverine as a teen, but really I've never had heroes of that kind. My greatest hero is my grandfather (maternal), Alexander (Sandy) Davidson. He fought in WWII for my freedom and yours, and is a real hero. Grandpa never let me down, though. This is a tough one for me. I suppose the only person who should have been a hero but wasn't, is my mother. Maybe my dad, but not so much.

Something or someone you couldn't live without


I've learned over the years that there is very little I can't do without. I need shelter, food and water, and a certain amount of love, but most everything else is a desire or a want, not a need. I will say that I would not want to imagine my life without Gray in it. He's a bright star even during the rough times. I can't say I would die without him though. I wouldn't. I would regret his not being here, and I would mourn and grieve, but I would go on. That's what I do. 
Post a Comment