Monday, March 7, 2011

Life in New Hampshire

In New Hampshire, we have a saying: if you don't like the weather, wait a minute. After a few days of relatively mild temperatures (hovering just below freezing), we got Snopocalypse Mark II. The heavens opened and snow fell in large amounts. It was on this day that we decided to go have a look at the house we hope to be buying in the next few days. We figured if we could get to it during a blizzard with hail, sleet, snow, and rain, then we could get to it anytime. We managed, and all was good. I have to say though, I'm almost done with snow. It snowed this afternoon for a while, and I really just want it to stop. No more snow, please. It's spring. Really!

See? There are signs of spring. Those are sprouts, right there in that there window! The blue cup has daisies in it, and is mine. The yellow one is the boytwin's and his contains sunflowers. The girltwin chose the pink cup (gee, really? LOL) and planted zinnias. It's so nice to see a little bit of fresh green poking through. The kids are enchanted with these tiny planters, which is fun and educational. I like growing seeds with them - they get so excited to see each moment of growth as the leaves poke through then multiply. Soon I'll be starting our seedlings for the new garden, which is also exciting. I picked up a cheap "windowsill" greenhouse for starting the plants: tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, zuchinni. I'm not doing the "heritage" thing this year, for the most part, because I don't have the equipment available to me that I have had in previous years (not having a tiller really sucks). But I'm having a garden, regardless!

Almost all of my altar goods are packed up and ready to move to the new house. I just have one small altar set up, because I can't bear to not have ANY altar at all. You can see the owl candle holder that sis got me for Yule/Christmas this year - when lit, the light cast makes it look like wings. It's so beautiful, and warm... like my Lady. She'll be the last item I take down from this house, and the first thing put up at the new house. Hopefully that will all happen within the next month or so!

Alright, enough with updating. I have more packing to do.
Post a Comment