Monday, March 14, 2011

Seduction

What things could seduce me off my path (and perhaps do on occasion)?

I'm not sure I can answer that. I realize it's an important question, but I'm not sure what is meant by "seduce me off my path." Right now, I know where I'm going (toward ordination) and what I'm doing (homework and personal work). I know that is where I want to go, even when I'm very down and depressed. Nothing could seduce me off that path.

In the long run, I suppose there are things that could lure me away from ministry. If my daughter were to come live with me, that would change things in a large way. I could see myself getting lost in nurturing that long-lost relationship and allowing it to pull me away from my path for a while. Even that, though, wouldn't be a permanent thing. While I'm not perfect and sometimes stumble, I feel like my life is pretty firmly on the path now.

My greatest temptations are things like wasting time on the internet instead of doing what I should be doing, and eating things I should not be eating. I have my vices, and I suppose in the grand scheme of things they're pretty minor. Chocolate, sex with my partner(s), online games, reading... Each could turn into a serious problem if I allowed it, but I have rarely felt like any of those things should take over. The few times they have, it's taken only a short while for the universe to send things my direction to show me the error of my ways.
Post a Comment