Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Still Broken...

...but getting better. I took advantage of my permissions and had my foot out of the cast for about 20 minutes this afternoon. It was a marvelous feeling, just having air touch it. It also felt odd. It's amazing the difference in calf size and leg definition, just from one week! As you can see, I come with my own Easter dye now... My legs do have some pretty intense colors now. The pic is a bit blurry, but there's quite a bit of swelling around the toes, too, and the bottom of my foot (the pad under the toes) is all puffy as well. The bruising extends up my leg almost to my knee, with some darker spots near the actual break point. It's kind of neat; the colors move around a lot depending on what position my leg is in. It's rather psychedelic, and I'm sure in my younger, less responsible days I'd have enjoyed watching it for hours on end...

This stripe is quite festive. It's a nice royal blue mixed with some purplish red, and extends down the back of my leg and around onto the side of my heel, as you can see here. It's actually pretty impressive. I can totally understand some of the pluses of having a plaster cast. You can't take it off and freak yourself out by looking at it, as it goes through all the multiple colors and hues of healing. But... it IS healing, and that's what counts. I'm just glad to be able to wash the leg and foot now. It's a very wonderful thing.
Post a Comment