Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Gratitude for school

Tomorrow morning at 7am, our children will be unceremoniously dumped out of bed and expected to function like normal human beings. I expect this to be a challenge, but it's one I'm up to.

I'm organized. Lunches are already made (did it while I was waiting on dinner to cook). Backpacks are ready and hanging on hooks by the door. School clothes are picked out and laid out at the end of beds. Shoes are in their spots, for last minute foot stuffing. All necessary paperwork is in the backpacks.

I'm grateful that the kids are going back to school. They're smart, and they love it. They're out and about all day, and I get a wee bit of time to myself. I can fit myself back into a comfortable schedule for writing, garden work, house work, cooking, baking. I might even fit a game or two in there, or perhaps some study time for a new subject (did you know MIT and other schools offer University level courses free online?).
Post a Comment