Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Gratitude

The Gratitude Project is a pagan observation that apparently began on LiveJournal about eight or so years ago. The idea is to post  up at least a sentence each day, saying what you're grateful for. No repeats, although you can be grateful that your spouse kissed you this morning, and then tomorrow be grateful that he said loving words to you. The more specific you make your mentions of gratitude, the easier it is. The project runs from August 1st, Lammas, through to autumn equinox, which is September 22nd this year (at 10:49am EDT for those who care).

What am I grateful for today? I'm grateful that I am once again teaching and touching on my old Wiccan and neo-pagan roots. It's been so long, and a young lady is learning with me now. I got one of those "magickal" pats on the head when I started doing this, so apparently I've avoided the clue-by-four this time.

So I'm sliding a bit back into my pre-Hellenic style. I never gave up all of it, but I've done almost exclusively Hellenic rituals for about five years. Now, I'm using more Wiccan style rituals. It's not that I'm moving backwards. I'm moving forward, taking what I've learned and doing something new and exciting with it.

As I pull out all my old notes, the things that I used to teach, I find my mind grasping things that I did not really notice before. Two days ago was my class on ethics, or rather the start of it (does one EVER truly finish teaching about ethics??), and I found there were things that I had written so many years ago that have morphed into much more solid morals for me personally. It's interesting seeing the progression.

What are you grateful for?
Post a Comment