Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Amazingly grateful

Sunday, September 2:

Today I'm grateful for the opportunity to head out to a new/old church. I attended Nelson Congregational out in Nelson, NH. I've preached there several times now as pulpit supply, but this was the first time I'd had the opportunity to be there as a congregant. It was nice. Rev. Dawn is quite the preacher, and touched on things of great interest to me. Add to that it's a place that has always had a "spiritual home" feel to me, and it was just a great time.

Monday, September 3:

There's always a sense of deep gratitude to the earth and the local farms when your pantry is full of stored goodness for the winter. We're not fully stocked yet, but the season of plenty really is just beginning. Right now there are stockings full of onions hanging in my newly organized and decorated pantry, all ready to hang there until spring. It's good to know that I have at least a couple of months worth of onions there, as well as a bunch of dried minced onions as well.

Tuesday, September 4:

No pictures yet, but today I'm grateful for the amazing pallet compost bin that my friend T helped me build yesterday. Who am I fooling? She did all the hammering because I couldn't get a single nail in straight! She was just fantastic, and between us we managed to get it all put together. The next time it isn't raining, I hope to get all our (rather loose) compost pile over and into the bins, which will both clean up the yard a bit and turn the compost at the same time. The micro-homestead is finally coming together.
Post a Comment