Friday, December 7, 2012

Shopping and Bright Things

Dec. 6 - Shopping
I will admit I had a hellish time with yesterday's assignment. I just don't DO Christmas shopping, for the most part. I mean, I guess I could have taken a picture of myself sitting on the computer, but that didn't seem to capture the spirit. I decided that what we were looking for, in essence, was the SPIRIT of shopping, or that love of picking out the perfect gift. That led me straight to my sewing corner!

Above, you can see a skirt I'm working on, and underneath it are several other presents for various people. My cross stitch projects are behind the glass jar of cut threads. That's my shopping, really. I get the joy of picking out something each day as I sit down to work on things.

Dec. 7 - Bright
Today's picture was trivial to figure out. I went straight down to the wood stove and opened it up. That warmth, that brightness, is what this season is all about to me. Things haven't faded into January's dullness yet, and the heat coming out of my lovely fire was just right.

Check back often for prayers, spiritual musings and all manner of religious discussion and talk. If you have questions or comments, please write to me below. I love to answer questions! If you purchase items I have linked through ads or Amazon, I receive an affiliate portion of the sale. If you find the items are useful, please purchase from my site!
 
You may also be interested in:

Red, Joyous and Warm
Following the Star
My favorite holiday movie
Capturing December
The waning light
Post a Comment