Friday, January 11, 2013

I've been nominated!

Thanks to Kenn over at the Flaming Thyrsos, I've been nominated for a Liebster Award! Apparently, "The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word 'Liebster' comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome." For those with an interest in the history of the Liebster award, check this out.

These are the Rules:
  • Thank the person who nominated you.
  • When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
  • Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
  • You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
  • You paste the award picture into your blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
Whew! This is a lot of work! However, I believe I may be up to it.

Random facts about Allyson

1. I am short, being only 5'1" and a bit.
2. I hate the Windows operating system and prefer to use LINUX or UNIX.
3. I'm currently taking high school math because I failed it when I was in school.
4. I'll be 42 in a few days.
5. I just started learning how to sew a couple of months ago.
6. I love cross stitching.
7. At this point, I don't think I have a religion, per se, but I am more deeply spiritual than I have been at any other time in my life.
8. I'm volunteering at the Cathedral of the Pines this summer because I love what they stand for.
9. I can't stand it when my nails are even close to long, and tend to keep them extremely short.
10. I type about 120 wpm.
11. I prefer the Oxford comma.

Questions from Kenn
1. How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Let's see. I have the crocs I wear around the house. I have a pair of "sh*t kicker" boots with thick heels. I have my dress shoes I wear for weddings and preaching and such. I have two pairs of sandals for the summer. I have one pair of cheap tennis shoes. That would be six pairs of shoes total. Oh wait, boots! I have a pair of winter boots, and a pair of rubber boots. So eight pairs of shoes.

2. What is the most expensive thing you’ve ever broken?

That would be the hubby's UPS for the servers. That was a Bad Day.

3. If you met a Genie who offered you three wishes, what would you wish for? (more wishes does not count)

First, I would wish for enough money to pay off all the family/household bills, including our mortgage and cars. Second, I'd wish for all the paperwork and money I need to get my driver's license again. Third, I'd wish for my daughter to be here with me (not against her will or anything, but for holidays, whatever).

4. If you had to describe yourself as a flavour, what would it be?

Oi. I think I'm vanilla bean. I'm pretty normal, for the most part, but there are occasional flecks of deliciousness that make me slightly more exciting.

5. What nicknames do you have/have had?

I can't list them all... there are too many! I've been known as AllyKat, tiya, Lady Biananti, Lady Ariadne, Katishah, Moonfury... and a bunch that aren't fit for public consumption.

6. What was your first job?

I worked for my dad assembling machines when I was 12 or 13, but my first "real" job was working as a helper/after school care person at a Montessori school. I went after school on the bus (I was 15 I believe) and cared for the kids and did projects and such, until their parents arrived.

7. What is the most interesting thing you can see out of your nearest window?

I can't see anything out of the nearest window because the blinds are closed. If they were open, I could see the big yellow backhoe, though.

8. You are walking to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss told you if you are late one more time you’re fired. Do you save the dog?

Leave out the getting fired part - I'm not a dog person and I tend to break out in hives when I come into contact with them. I'd certainly pop out my cell phone and call animal control, and give them an exact location, but I'd zoom off to work as well.

9. What historical period would you like to live in if you could go back in time?

I would live in America during the 1800s, during the pioneer drive across the plains and into the west. It was a hard life, but one that has appealed to me for as long as I can remember.

10. What is the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?

Uni (sea urchin). Looks like snot. Has the consistency of snot. Tastes *incredible* though.

11. Do you keep a diary/journal?

Just the ones on blogger. I don't write "personal stuff" outside of my blogs.  However, there are posts that I write that never see the light of day.

Eleven small blogs I am nominating

1. Cage Free Family
2. Life in 120 Square Feet
3. The Velveteen Rabbi
4. The Witch of Stitches
5. Tending the Hearth of the Gods
6. Simple Joyful Living
7. Plan to Eat
8. Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom
9. 100 Days of Real Food
10. Chrysalis
11. Kallisti: An Apple in Pandemonium

Eleven questions for my eleven nominees

1. What role does religion play in your life?
2. What's your favorite television show, and why?
3. What was your favorite subject in high school?
4. Coffee, tea, or other? Why?
5. What is your favorite ethnic food?
6. Have you ever baked bread from scratch? Why or why not?
7. Why do you blog?
8. Is Doctor Who a silly show or a deep commentary on the world today?
9. What's your opinion of social media in general (Twitter, FaceBook, G+, etc)?
10. If price were no object, what would you want for your birthday?
11. Where do you read the news? Why?

So there you go! Now I'm off to go report to my nominees that I think they're awesome and deserve an award.

Check back often for prayers, spiritual musings and all manner of religious discussion and talk. If you have questions or comments, please write to me below. I love to answer questions! If you purchase items I have linked through ads or Amazon, I receive an affiliate portion of the sale. If you find the items are useful, please purchase from my site!
 
You may also be interested in:

It's a new year
Rituals should be shared with family
Keeping up... barely!
Pretty Paper all Around Me
My Nativity
Post a Comment