Monday, August 19, 2013

Ooops...?

Ganesh
Apparently this is NOT the summer of blogging. That would be last year, when I was somehow able to juggle a lot more than I did this year. This year, the garden is full of weeds, my daytimer is full to brimming, and I can't seem to fit a spare minute in to blog here. I'm doing my best not to feel guilty, but I'm failing pretty spectacularly. Oh well.

The summer has been a good one, if a bit odd. The garden got in very late thanks to cold and snow and rain and then blazing hot temperatures. I just wasn't sure when to plant what, and I also got behind in putting together the extra raised beds. I had been hoping for more help in the garden, and it didn't arrive, and so rather than buckle down, I kind of buckled under, instead. It's producing, but it isn't the kind of garden I envisioned, by any means.

I haven't done any weddings this summer, but I did attend my first wedding expo, which was a blast. I founded the Interfaith Patchwork Community, which may or may not take off but which I have invested a lot of heart and time into. I'm attempting to do interfaith services every second Sunday at 1pm at a local venue. Right now, with so few attending and no money coming in, it's happening at local parks and at the Cathedral of the Pines, where I don't have to pay to host it. Of course, that's going to change as winter sets in, so we'll see what happens. I do hope it continues to grow, even if slowly.

I went to Greenport, NY in August to see a seminary classmate in Henry V, which I really enjoyed. The following day, we wandered around the tourist spots in Greenport, and I picked up the pretty Ganesh figurine you see above. He's really tiny, only about an inch or so high, but he sits just right on my computer. I'm hoping that he'll help me overcome a few personal obstacles as my life progresses.

There... I've blogged *something* now. ;)

Check back often for book reviews, prayers, ceremonies and more. If you have questions or comments, please write to me below. I love to answer questions! You can follow the blog via Network Blogs and Google Friend Connect. If you purchase items I have linked through Amazon or the ads on my site, I receive an affiliate portion of the sale. If you find the items are useful, please purchase from my site! 

You may also be interested in:

Check back often for book reviews, prayers, ceremonies and more. If you have questions or comments, please write to me below. I love to answer questions! You can follow the blog via Network Blogs and Google Friend Connect. If you purchase items I have linked through Amazon or the ads on my site, I receive an affiliate portion of the sale. If you find the items are useful, please purchase from my site! 

You may also be interested in:


Review - Griefwalker
Patchwork Interfaith Community
When people ask for prayer
Grace Bombs
Mary Magdalene - the mystery woman

Post a Comment